Monday, May 3, 2010

A few Updates!!!


I've been absent for a while dealing with some family issues but now I am back. I wanted to give a few updates on the deodorant and no poo experiments! First off the deodorant still works wonders and actually works much better than any commercial deodorant I have ever used. Only one slight issue.. the aluminum from the baking soda killed my skin! It completely tore it to pieces so now I am on the hunt for an aluminum free baking soda to mix up a new batch.


The No Poo experiment didn't go so well. The baking soda did not work well with my hair at all. It literally made it dry and somewhat sticky. I tried using a bit less of it but it still did not work well with my hair. I was actually doing much better with the warm water rinses. I figured I needed to find an alternative as well so I decided to use Dr. Woods natural almond scented soap as shampoo instead. It does not contain any harsh detergents and all the ingredients are natural. So far it has been working well for me and the smell is great. I have also been using organic, unrefined, virgin coconut oil for my hair as conditioner. This is again all natural so there are no harsh ingredients to strip your hair of it's natural oils. This is a wonderful alternative to conditioner and the smell is wonderful as well!


0 comments:

Post a Comment