Friday, April 16, 2010

Corn starch Diapers!!


While browsing the formula aisle at my nearest Duane Reade store I came across a brand of baby products I had never seen before. It's an eco friendly company called Nature Baby Care. They have all sorts of products, from diapers, to wipes, to diaper trash bags and disposable biodegradeable bibs. I was very impressed with the packaging and the list of ingredients used in their products. Particularly corn starch. Their diapers have a chlorine free pulp to help with absorption, a backsheet and distribution center based on corn, as well as chlorine free cellulose in the diaper. This all sounded great but I thought to myself these diapers must cost a fortune compared to the regular ones. To my surprise they were about the same price. Fifteen dollars for a pack of 36 diapers. I immediately grabbed a pack of size 2 ( 12-18lbs) and a pack of the baby wipes.

I was very excited to give these a try once I got home. I opened up the package and the first thing i noticed is their texture. They have a completely different texture than regular diapers and are much thinner. I was skeptical because my son does pee a lot and when he poops.. oh boy HE POOPS!! Well we decided to go for it and once I tried to put the diaper on I realize they were a bit snug. I thought for a moment I had grabbed the wrong size but I didn't. These were clearly a size 2 but they seemed so much smaller. I had a hard time putting the diaper on due to the fit but once it was on it we were ready for the test! About 30 minutes after the diaper went on we had a major poop explosion. I was terrified to check his diaper because normally with other diapers the poop leaks out of the side and its a mess! Well no leaking here!! The diaper held up very well!! Needless to say I am a fan and will be buying these diapers from now on. The only drawback is the sizing. I would suggest buying a size bigger to be on the safe side.

0 comments:

Post a Comment