Thursday, April 15, 2010

Normally around this time of the week I would've reached for my trusty bottle of shampoo and conditioner and begin my hair care routine for the day. Wash, rinse, leave in conditioner and sometimes mousse depending on the weather. Since I am embarking on the No Poo journey this morning I rinsed out my hair with just warm water and nothing else. I rinsed it out for about 4-5 minutes and combed through it while it was wet. I was removing any excess hair product and gunk that might be stuck in my hair from the previous wash. I finished rinsing my hair and paused for a second and thought to myself.. should I dare leave the house today with absolutely no products in my hair??? Not even the leave in conditioner??? I decided to go for it. I reached for the towel, patted my hair dry and that was the end of that. It felt nice to not have to stand there and waste 10 minutes putting crap in my hair. I left for work with my hair still a bit damp and with no idea how it would look once I got to the office. On my way to the office I thought about stopping to pull out the mirror just to check what was going on but I decided against it. I figured if I wasn't getting any funny looks from the people around me then how bad could it be? Then again this is NY and people are used to strangeness.

I finally arrive at the office and decide to go see the results of the warm water rinse and no products and to my surprise it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My curls are still there and my hair is not a complete ball of frizz!!! I was pleasantly surprised and happy. I am not quite sure how it will look tomorrow but for now I will just rejoice in the fact that at least today was a success. Now that the hair is gunk free or somewhat gunk free I will be trying the baking soda/apple cider vinegar wash on Sunday. I will post the results of that as well.. Hopefully they will be just as good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment