Sunday, April 18, 2010

Homemade Deodorant

I came across a few recipes on how to make your own deodorant and I decided to give this a try. Over the years I have tried just about every brand of deodorant I can think of and after about 2-3 weeks it ends up breaking my skin. Even the so called natural and organic deodorants have caused my skin to break. I picked one of recipes since it seemed to be the most simple and less time consuming. The ingredients you will need to make your own deodorant are the following; baking soda, corn starch, shea

butter, cocoa butter, vitamin E oil caps, and an essential oil of your preference for scent. You should use 3 Tablespoons shea butter, 3 Tablespoons baking soda, 2 Tablespoons corn starch, 2 Tablespoons cocoa butter and 2 oil caps. The amount of essential oil is up to you depending on how strong you want the scent to be.

You need to combine all ingredients except the oils in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir
and heat again for another 30 seconds. After you the ingredients are all nicely melted you add the oils. Once
you add the oils you pour it into a jar and let it sit overnight so the ingredients can settle. Here's my little jar of deodorant waiting to settle. I haven't tried it yet because I just made it but tomorrow after all the settling has occurred I will report back and let you know how it held up!


0 comments:

Post a Comment